Close to the green mountains of “ Sila Piccola” at the neck of Catanzaro, was born Torchia’s Oil mill. In 1959, its founder, Federico Torchia, inspired by a strong initiative, by sacrifice and by passion for olive oil production finalised the construction of the first oil mill with two stone presses.
The founding member Federico Torchia explains that “Our family has been the first of its kind to introduce a modern plant of cold mechanised extraction, which has been used for modern farming techniques, giving priority and balance to plants, earth and human.
It is therefore the union of human resourses, tradition and inovation that in the last ten years has made Torchia’s oil mill a reality in the production and marketing of extra virgin olive. We follow every step of production thus allowing, year after year, offer our customers a product of excellent quality."
Today, Torchia has a continuous cycle oil mill, with two Pieralisi plants for cold pressing which permits the processing of 50 quintals of olives per hour.
An important optimization of time and costs of production and at the same time a high quality, to produce a model product that can satisfy the increasingly demanding requirements of customers.
"The choice of technologically advanced oil mill signed Pieralisi - says Tommaso Torchia - it will allow us a prompt processing of the harvested olives and then the production of a valuable oil, full bodied, deep green coulored oil, with an acidity level of less than 0,4% a high class with a smell that reminds us of healthy, fresh, and mature fruit is produced . The smell of Torchia’s nectar."